• In the Spotlight:

Why stop looking for the NFL players?

U can say what u want are try to down talk mebut I know if they was WHITE NFL players , white child or a white womman they would be still looking and would not stop intil they find something. Come on tell me when the last time they been looking for a black girl for 18 years?? Think about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Out here, two white boys went missing when they snowboarded out of bounds. The search was stopped after a few days. Their PARENTS raised money to PAY for their own search. Most of the searches that go on and on are paid for by family members and donations, or conducted by volunteers. The government doesn't pay for those.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i dont think they stopped looking i just think that they believe their is no chance of them being alive so its not as crucial now they have been in that water too long to have survived
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• They have abandoned sea searches for people of all races. Fishing boats lost at sea, yachts lost at sea, etc. My husband was just telling me about a guy in Washington State (white guy too) was lost and they abandoned the search, he was found five days later by someone.

Last year 5 hikers were lost on a mountain, all white, they suspended the search till spring.

You have a point about lost children and murdered women of other races, but this one isn't about race.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Putting race aside, do you honestly believe they're still alive? They've been lost at sea since Saturday. That was 4 days ago. The tide carried them away from the boat, and they've found atleast one of their life jackets. It's tragic, but I really think they've drowned.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• First off...one of them WAS white. Second. There are standard protocols on search and rescue operations. In those conditions, the chance of them even finding a body after a certain amount of time is next to none. With ocean currents, water temps, depths and so on, there's only so much they can do. It has nothing to do with race, and to think that is just plain stupid, not EVERYTHING is about race. Its a matter of protocol and experience. Why dont people trust the guys who've been doing this for along time? They KNOW what they are doing, they KNOW when to stop. Race is NOT a factor.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• What white woman did the COAST GAURD look for for 18 yrs? And I completely resent what you are saying. My step dad and Uncle are in the coast guard and they have protocol for these things, and NO WHERE in the protocol does it mention color! People like YOU are the problem with this country and race!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree that if it were a child or a woman, the search would continue longer. I disagree that they have stopped because they are just a couple of black guys. I think they would stop it just because it is 3 grown men...no matter the color. Men don't always get the same attention. Period.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• ABBY the white one was found alive clinging to the boat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• GET A LIFE and stop playing the RACE CARD!!!! There also happens to be a WHITE man missing with them, or did you just conveniently forget about that???????? Talk about a racist, look in the mirror and you'll see one!! Why do people like YOU always have to play the race card? Go find something productive to do with your life, and leave race out of your posts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You answered your own question really OP. "Until they find something." They are not going to find anything and they knew it. The families have stated that they knew the coast guard did all they could. And they are right. They followed protocol and based on the information given by the sole survivor they realized there was nothing that could be done...period. Stop playing the race card. It's not fair in this case at all...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2009