What do you do about chain mail you recieve?

I get about 10 of those stupid chain letters a day from idiots telling me if I send so many people a buck I will end up with 800k. I find it pathetic they do this but there are many who buy into it and send the money when they should put it towards a bill.

Today I called the person who sent me the letter I had their address and googled their number. She was pissed but she sent me mail asking for money I figure I can call and ask her about it. I tried to get info to get my name off the list but she would not give it to me. I won a contest at our post office and I have free envelops and stamps for a year. Which amounts to about 400 stamps. I rarely mail anything so I had 350 credits left and they had to be used by Friday. So I sent her 350 blank envelops. The postal employees were cracking up and they took her name and the other names on the list and reported them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cont.

The postman said what I was doing was legal since she asked me to send her something. lol

I am equally mean to telemarketers when they continue to call after I have requested to be moved from a list. I give the phone to my son or simply leave the phone on and sit it down. I sometimes play loud music. What do you all do to those who call you or send you unsolicted mail?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I don't receive chain mail in the mailbox but I do get a million forwards in my email saying "Send this to 100 people in 2 minutes or something terrible will happen to you!" I HATE those! I usually delete them without reading. Also the ones people send out with pictures of babies saying they have cancer and some company is donating 2 cents for every person you send the email to. It's been explained so many times that there is no way to track emails like this and no company would ever do it. The people who use a childs picture like that are seriously disturbed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I never get chain mail but I am fairly rude to telemarketers. I've also give the phone to my 2 year old. He loves it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i LOVE your idea about the chain letters! that is great! we've gotten them before, but i just tear them up and toss them. i have no idea how they got our names. my dad's favorite thing to do with telemarketers was to ask them to hold, and then scream at the top of his lungs (with the phone by his ear still) "hey you kids! get off my lawn! what have i told you about that!" then get back on, apologize for putting them on hold, listen to them talk for another few seconds, then do it again. then they'd talk for a few more seconds and he'd scream even louder, "if you kids don't get off my lawn, you'll be sorry!" then he'd get back on the phone and tell the person all about "those kids" and how aggravating they are... he just likes doing ridiculous stuff to them! a few times he'd even go into fake coughing fits, and ask them to repeat themselves over and over again while he coughed and hacked over top of them. it's hilarious!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i dotn get chain letters but even those you will have klucky day things my friends send i just delete it i dont really care what it says i have never read them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I get email chain letters. I delete them.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I never open them and just delete them or chuck them in the trash.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• DON'T LIKE THEM. GOT ONE ON HERE RECENTLY AND I REPORTED IT. SO CHILDISH TO SEND THEM.
    Anonymous

• If I get it here at the cafe in my messages I delete it. It's annoying.
    LND

Answer by LND at 1:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009