How do I get my husband to understand that I need me time?

I spend all day everyday with my son. We are never apart. My husband thinks that its okay. And everytime I ask him if I can getaway for the day he makes me feel guilty like I don't love him or our son.

seansmom1213

Asked by seansmom1213 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• My boyfriend is the same way except its not cause he wants to spend time with me so at least you have someone who wants to spend time with you!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Maybe make it a day where you and your hubby are together and your son is at a sitter.. Maybe if you include him then he will be more reseptive to it... I don't ever have a day "alone" unless it's to the grocery store. We have a date night, movie night, or just go for a drive to decompress. And my hubby is gone for 4 weeks at a time for work... GL...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I wish I knew. I need me time too . . .just ME. . My DF doesn't get it.. .i think he thinks I do nothing all day since im SAHM
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Contrary to popular opinion, this is the way some men feel...Some men feel that since you're a sahm, you're already on break...they don't understand all the hard work you do nor do they appreciate it...it's just something that goes on in the male brains...but you cannot fault him, just get him to understand that you do need time for yourself...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I can't help you out because I have one of the good guys that gives me time when ever and where ever I want it. I love him so much. BTW we have been married 8 years so we are not newly weds. Maybe he is needing something too that he feels that you are not fulfilling. Talk to him at night after the baby is in bed a sleep. Figure it out.
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 12:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I wish I could help, but my DH totally understands the whole concept me needing time to myself. I am a SAHM, take care of all the household chores and our two kiddos ages, 8 and 3, and manage to go to take a full load of college courses (onlline of course). I don't ever get a whole day to myself, but sometimes just going to the grocery store without the kids or visiting one of my friends for a couple of hours is enough for me. My DH is okay with it and it gives him some quality time with the kids. It also allows him to see first hand all the work that goes along with caring for them.
    terri62

Answer by terri62 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Guys are selfish most of the time, my husband has all the time in the world, and i constantly have a kid stuck to my leg or hip.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Don't feel guilty! We all need a break from the kids once in a while. That certainly doesn't mean we don't love them! From his side: maybe since he doesn't get to spend the same amount of time with your son, he doesn't get why you would want a break from a person he feels he doesn't see enough. Make sense? That being said, why not suggest to your DH that he spends some one-on-one time with your son. This would give you a break and him a chance to bond more with him.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009