Booster dining seat

my dd is 15 months, 23 lbs and I need a booster seat for the dining table.I am tired of cleaning the highchair.... I have a pub style table. I'm not looking for expensive or has to match our decor but something that will grow with her. any suggestions.. I have a $40 gift card to toys r us... which one worked for u?

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The only "high chair" we ever used was the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster. It simply strapped onto a chair. Once she was big enough, we stopped using the tray and simply pushed her up to the table.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Just get the one that straps to the chair and has lap straps. We never used the lap straps but you might need to. All kids are diff.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2328520

That's the one we used, we just popped the tray off so she could use the dining table we had instead.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I was looking at this one Navymama but I read the reviews and someone said it was small. Is that true my munchkin is a lil on the big side not overweight just long and as small as she is, she's a lil wide in the hips..lol
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have the fisher price rainforest booster. My DD loves it, and has always loved it. So that's what we use. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yeah, our daughter was a little thick too, another reason we took the tray off, couldn't close it with her in it. It worked fine for her though with the tray off and using our dining table. We used it that way until she decided she just wanted to be in the table chair on her knees.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Honestly, I bought an $11.00 pink Bright Starts booster seat from WalMart. The way they trash the area when they're starting to feed themselves regularly is insane, and this has been perfect. She can sit in a chair like the rest of us, so she feels included, but I know she can't get down on her own and she's safe.
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 1:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I bought Safety First seats from Walmart when the boys still needed a tray. I think they were about $20. At 18 mos though the straps didn't fit around their waists anymore so they'd just sit pushed up to the table and not strapped in.

We bought the same onesLiviGracesmom mentioned from Walmart to leave at my in-laws. They don't come with a tray but the straps are big enough. They say 18 mos and up but I bet your DD would be fine as long as she can reach the table.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• we have the same one as kaycee14. i think its about $25.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 6:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009