I am scared. I am such a big baby. lol. What should I expect?

I have to go Monday to get my very first cavity filled. I am worried. I know, I am a baby. lol. I have just never done this before. I am more worried about afterwards I guess. Will I be able to chew or will it be sore?

Wahhhhhh......wahhhhh.....

lol lol

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Health

• Put a tissue in each hand and don't forget to breathe. The ONLY hard part is the deadening, and that lasts all of what a minute. I'm a big baby too when it comes to this, just let them know that if you need them to stop you'll hold up your left hand.... you'll be fine. I promise. You'll want to take it easy on that tooth for a couple of days, but the soreness should be minimal. You're freaking yourself. Stop. It's alright. You'll eat some soft foods for a couple of days, then gradually you'll go back to normalcy.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• THANK YOU!!! I wish it was already done. The funny thing is I had my wisdom teeth out a couple of years ago and it didnt bother me this bad. But it was b/c I was asleep and I am worried about being awake I guess.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• never had one... I would need drugs to put me to sleep to have this done.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My son had a cavity filled last year, at 6YO and he said it didn't hurt at all. The dentist even said he did better than most adults! He just got annoyed at the numb feeling afterwards! lol. It has been a few years since I had a cavity filled but I don't remember pain at all. They will rub some numbing cream on your gums, then give you a shot of number. You will feel like your lips are huge and you are drooling! lol. Bring some chapstick as your lips get dry being open and stretched like that!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• When I have to go to the dentist for that, I found that if I take my IPOD, it calms me. It really isn't that bad. I HATE the dentist, but it isn't that bad. It's about as fun as a papsmear, it is uncomfortable, but it is over quick.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 1:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009