• In the Spotlight:

Would this make you mad?

For the past few of days my son, who's 4, has been really sick. High fever, like 102 to 104, sore throat, ear ache. I took him to the doctor and he has strep throat, she gave him meds to take 2 times a day for 10 days. And he's only taken the meds for 2 days but is already feeling much better. My husband says he feels like he's coming down with what our son has. This morning I went to give our son his meds and like over half the bottle is gone, so I ask my husband if he knows what is up and he says he took a couple of doses because he feels sick too. HE TOOK LIKE HAVE OF OUR SON'S MEDS BECAUSE HE FEELS SICK TOO! How could he just take meds that is for our sick child? Who does that? That's just wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would have a hard time telling my kids ped that my dh drank some of it. I would be embarrased for my dh.

I would probably tell a white lie and say some spilled and now you dont know how much is in there.

I would be super pissed at dh. But you have to remember, men will sometimes surprize you with their dumbness. mine does all the time.

Anonymous

• wow i would be mad too i hope your son gets better and tell your husband he was wrong and if he feels sick to go to the doc himself
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• OMG that is terrible!!!!! And selfish. Call the doctor tell them what happened go get him a new bottle and hide and don't tell your hubby!!! WOW
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• NOOO!!!!! Antibiotics HAVE to be taken for the full prescription or the bacteria can mutate. THIS is exactly why we have resistant bacteria like MRSA.

You absolutely have to call your sons doctor and tell them bc he needs to take the full dose-all days. You husband needs educated about antibiotics and to see his own doctor.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• That is kind of strange. Did you have no other adult meds in the house.

Was it like cough med or antibiotics? If it was his antibiotic I would be swinging punches. He needs every last dose of that.
    If it was cough med I would be more worried why my dh thought that would be ok. strange.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yeah, I'd be mad about that definitely. He needs to go to the dr and get his own meds if he thinks he is getting sick. Hope your son gets better quickly.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I took him to the doctor and he has strep throat, she gave him meds to take 2 times a day for 10 days

This tells me that it probably was ATB's. He needs them-you have to call.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• What an idiot! If it was his antibiotics, you need to call the doctor immediately and get more of the medicine. Tell them what happened so that way they can give you the correct amount for the remainder of the days and tell you to throw out the rest. If he doesn't take it for the full amount of time, it will come back and the antibiotic won't work! Call the doctor and slap your ignorant husband!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yeah that does mean it was an antibiotic!!!

I would be pissed as hell......men are so thoughtless and dumb sometimes.

You will have to call to get more.
    Anonymous

• It is an antibiotic! I am so pissed I'm shaking. I always put my son and husband's health above my own. I would never even take my husband's medicine, because if the doctor gave it to him then he needs it.
    Anonymous