I need help organizing...

Anyone have any advice on organizing. I need help. My life is spinning out of control and into utter choas and I am tired of being disorganized. I need help with organizing the kids rooms, play room, our bedroom, hell the whole house and even my van. We have 4 children... HELP please

jen_wikstrom

Asked by jen_wikstrom at 12:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Ok...stop and take a breath first off... Start by decluttering rooms one at a time or all of kids at one... clothes, toys, etc... things that they don't need, use or have outgrown get rid of... donate etc... then rearrange the kids room... ( I do this 3 times a yr with our 8 yr old) it makes the room feel more open and it's easier to get rid of things that are not being used. Do the same to your room ... and all the other rooms... take a whole weekend to do this... by cleaning things out it makes things feel less stressful.. When it comes to the car try making a family day project... then set up a daily schedule for the whole family to follow....

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• First you need to clean out. If you haven't used it in 6 months throw it out. Have a yard sale with the unwanted items and use the funds from it to buy organizing equipment. Get a storage bin for the rest of the kids toys, inform them that after they are done playing the toys get put away. If they don't put them away take them away. After they lose a few toys they will begin to tidy up. For the closets look into organizing systems. Get shoe holders and plenty of hangers. I prefer to hand my clothes by pants, shirts, skirts, dresses and so in. Then inside each category I organize by color. It makes it much easier to find something. For the car get some small bins and place stuff in them. Toys for the kids go in one bin and so on. Place them in the unused space then after you get home put everything back.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Also when making the schedule make sure the kids free time shower times homework time is all added...as we do add a family night to it also... gives the whole family something to look forward to ... when it comes to you yourself do the same... but make it seperate from the family one... days you do laundry... iit's only laundry day... all the running you have to do get a big calendar and put everything on it...I mean all of it... hubbys meetings (if he has any) kids things, school things dr apts times everything... I look at mine every morning ... let's me know if it's a big dinner night or a quicky dinner night bc dh has a meeting or two to attend... same goes for gs's school functions... you plan around what is or is not happening that day...
    I hope this has helped a little...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2009