What's a good sunscreen?

My face and arms get really dark with very little sun, so im looking for a good sunblock to protect my skin.

VeroHi

Asked by VeroHi at 12:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Anything over SPF 50. I have even seen an SPF75 before. Look around and always go with the higher SPF. Also, you do need to reapply every couple hours.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Actually anything over SPF 30 is no more effective than SPF 30....so getting anything higher isn't worth it. Also most "waterproofs" have been tested and found to not be waterproof at all. I'm using as many "green" and "natural" products as I can from cleaners, recycleable items, makeup and beauty. There are several sunblocks that fit this description such as by Aveeda, Kiss My Face and Jason's.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The absolute best is the Skin So Soft gentle breeze sunscreen for adults. Its nice because it is hypoallergenic and does break you out. For the kids they make this awesome sunscreen called Skin So Soft Cool n'Fabulous Disappearing Color..its great because it goes on blue then when you rub it on it disappears so you don't miss any spots and it repells bugs too! Its really inexpensive! try it out www.youravon.com/dhullum free shipping with code fsany They will both be available in about two weeks on my website so check back! They'll be there in campaign 8. They only carry them for the spring and summer months so stock up! I use it year around!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• aveeno antiaging spf 70! im only 22 i but i still use it and love it
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 4:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Thanks for the advise mamas! I appreciate it!
    VeroHi

Answer by VeroHi at 6:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Banana Boat. A doctor in Florida reccommended for having the least amount of chemicals in it. My son had a severe skin reaction so that was the product he told me to use as sunscreen. Coppertone was the worst with chemicals and dyes.
    Anonymous