How many..

of you had your water break on it's own before labor? I was due yesterday and I had contractions 3-4 mins apart so I went in to get checked. They told me I was in early labor and to come back if my water broke, but then again I heard that sometimes your water won't break until right before you start pushing. Would you go back before your water broke or just wait it out and see?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine did BUT i didnt know it did lol i guess it happened in the shower or something i would personally go and get checked before my water broke lol id rather be safe then sorry
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would continue to monitor your contractions. You will know when real labor is upon you. The contractions will start to get closer and closer together and they will stop you in your tracks. The intensity will go up they closer you get. I went to the hospital when mine got to 4-5 minutes apart and I had to stop what I was doing until it was over. Of course I called the doctor and the nurse told me to wait about an hour and then come. After about 10 minutes my husband said let's go, I don't care what she said. We ended up having our son that night!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• mine broke at 2:30AM and the had to start pitocin to induce labor. i had my DD at 11:17 that night
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2009