it never turns out for me

im looking for a good ham loaf recipe. everytime i make it it turns out dry. anyone want to share with me?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• http://www.recipesource.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?search_string=ham+loaf&any=off
    Here is a link to some recipes. maybe you are not using enough fat or are over cooking it? I have usually mixed raw sausage with the ham to bind it. good luck, i didn't think anybody made it any more!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My grandma would marinate it in pineapple juice gave it a sweet flavor,did not dry it out, yet does not over power it with pineapple taste for those that may not be fond of that.
    She put it in a roaster type pan too.
    I prefer it without any glazes or anything fancy,i just cook it with extra water,covered.
    Ham is my favorite meat.
    Of course my hubby jokes i take any receipe and modify it to not even resemble what it originally read.
    My meatballs are big enough that one will fill out,he calls them mini,yummy craters...ok sorry mind wondered..lol
    I look forward to seeing ideas from others too to try.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• are you talking about like roasting a ham in the oven??? If so here is how I do it....cut off part of the fat, pour some reg coke on it (this takes away the saltiness), put pineapple slices adds a touch of sweetness not too much and garnish with cherries in the pineapple holes. bake on around 275 all night. good luck
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 1:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009