Can you please answer this insurance question?

Again, thank you ladies for all the info on deductibles, premiums and so on.

I just get the part where you have to pay so much a month for health insurance then when it is time to go to the doctor you still have to come up with a big chunck out of pocket (this is the part I don't get) why? have insurance if I have to come up with so much I might as well have no insurance, we don't go to the doctor that ofter thank god but still. Where does all that money go that you have given through the year I know alot of you get it but I don't... :( Help me to get it. Thanks Do you see what I am trying to say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Health

• All the money you pay every month to have insurance? It goes into the pockets of the execs at the insurance companies.
    We pay $600 a month for our family of 5. What do we get out? 1 physical a year (with 20% copay) and a trip to the doctor if we get sick (again, 20% copay). We don't get sick though. So most of that $600 a month is a waste for us. (oh, and that $600 is OUR half. my husband's job pays the other half).
    Hopefully nothing big comes up either because our insurance companies loves to deny claims! They denied to pay for a doctor's appointment for me because I was asking my doctor for a way to raise my sex drive. That wasn't a medically valid reason to the insurance company. I have a mental health problem that isn't covered. Can't even fill the script for female viagra either. But if my hubby wants ED meds, they WILL pay for that! How is that fair?
    Sorry, I hate insurance companies.
    Anonymous

• Insurance doesn't cover everything. It's that simple. That's life. Sorry you don't understand. I don't know how else to say it.
    Anonymous