How much food do you keep in your house?

Do you only keep a day's worth? Maybe a week's worth? Or do you have a month's worth or more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• unfortunately, we could last years here. I got that from my Mom.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I keep about a few weeks worth...my husband wants to have a crazy stash of food lol
    Anonymous

• I have about 6 months worth of food storage.
    Anonymous

• omg i dont have the money or the place to store a months worth of food must less 6 months. I usually have about 2 weeks. The closer it gets to pay day the slacker it gets. I am getting to where I am not buying groceries unless it is almost completely bare.
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 1:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm saying if we had to live on it, we could go a month. My goal this year is to get at least 3 months worth. Eventually I'm going to have a whole year supply!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have several months worth of some things and a couple of weeks worth of others.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• got 1/4 cow in my deep freezer, along with tons of frozen fruits, berries & veggies. have a cupboard full of soup, mac & cheese, pasta, sauce & kids snacks (goldfish, applesauce, granola bars, fruit snacks etc). everything else we buy bi-weekly.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have about 2 weeks worth of meals but if we couldn't make it to the store, we wouldn't starve. There is really about a month's worth of food. I go every 2 weeks and then once in between just for milk and bread.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i have a week worth dont have the money to buy more
    greeneyemommy

Answer by greeneyemommy at 4:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• When it was just my husband and I at home, we would have a few months of dry good in the pantry but we didn't have freezer room to buy a lot of frozen foods so we would only buy two weeks worth of frozen foods. Now that my youngest son has moved back in, we have to buy food every two weeks depending on what needs to be bought, usually the necessary stuff like meat, bread, milk, eggs and so on.
    swtcakesnc

Answer by swtcakesnc at 4:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009