my husband grew a beard

my husband grew this gnarley beard when he got out of the marines (you know, just cuz he could now) and i thought it was funny and all at first but that was when i thought it was a phase. now its been almost a year and i hate this beard!! i hate the way it feels when he kisses me, i hate the way it looks, i hate everything about it! it makes him look 50 and we're only 25! at first he would joke with me when i asked him to shave it like he was like being cute or something but now he acts annoyed that i ask him to shave it off but i dont know what to do anymore!! how do i get him to get rid of it?? (ive already asked him to just trim it, he thinks THAT would make him look scruffy, go figure) help!!

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 12:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• No clue, my husband wants one. I keep telling him no. He would look so goofy/
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Tell him you'll stop shaving everything(legs, pits, jayjay...) until he shaves it off. Got my hubby to shave REALLY quick!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 1:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• That is funny because when my x husband
    shaved off his beard,,,I wanted him to grow it back so bad.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Do the time-tested female battle of sex! No kissing (or anything else) unti he shaves! If you aren't comfortable when you kiss him, then he should shave it off. You don't even need to really say anything outright...when he goes to kiss you just turn him down. When he asks why, play all innocent and say something like "oh, well, the beard really scratches my face. but, (big smile) i love you"....and thats it....after a while he'll get the passive-aggressive hint and shave it off (even if its only to get you to kiss him!) LOL

Kinda under-handed I know, but if asking nicely won't get him to do it, then fight fire with fire! LOL
    (or hair with hair...i really also agree with the poster who said not to shave anything on you!)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• hehehe if you can stand not to shave then that would definitly be a sweet revenge.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I LOVE my boyfriend's beard. I talked him into growing one and he did 6 months after we began dating. He keeps it nice and trimmed and neat though. Most men HATE shaving and that is probably why your hubby grew one. Maybe you should quit complaining and forget about it. He might surprise you by getting rid of it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Ask him how would he feel if YOU grew a beard? LOL

I think you should just be honest and say its not attractive. I have a friend whos husband grew a beard and she would say (in front of him to others) "Well it keeps other girls away" or something like that.
    Anonymous