question on ferrous sulfate

my obgyn told me if i dont take my iron pills (fs) that i will rupture during labor and will need more stitches, but im taking my prenatals and if i take the extra iron i get constipated and nauseaus, is this true?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 12:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i dont about that, although im not sure why she would lie to you. if you dont take them though you and your baby can both become anemic which isnt good for either of you. there is an iron pill that is made for pregnant women, i cant remember the name of it but i never had any problems with it. maybe you should try changing pills first before you decide to quit completely.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i dont know if that is true but you can eat natural laxitives to avoid the constipation things like grapes plums ect ...
    Anonymous

• I am confused? Do you have a medical reason for the rupture, or are you anemic?

Anyways, what you should try is Floradix. It's made from whole foods so it doesn't back you up and is great for use during pregnancy.

http://www.florahealth.com/flora/home/usa/products/r64771.asp
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009