Do ppl tel u..."she'z so little"???

I mean, shez 3... how big do u expect her 2b. And besides that, shes jus as big as the other kids in her class. She eats well and is very strong. She weighs in at about 35 lbs 37in tall and wears a 3T. Soooo... who's 2 small???
im startin 2 take offense! uggh!

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 12:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ithink it is just an age thing. At 3 they talk like they know about everything and it is so cute to see someone tiny do all of that. Im sure they just tink tiny is cute and they don't mean your daughter is smaller than other kids her age just that 3yr olds are petite and adorable.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Well yeah people say that to me all the time but my DSD is almost 10 and she only weighs 39 lbs so I am not offended, I just say "yup! She's tiny like her mother!"
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My daughter will be 5 in June and weighs 35 pounds. She eats a good breakfast, and that is about it. I hear that all the time. I will not force feed my daughter. Children will eat when they are hungry. Don't worry about other people you are her mother, the best provider of everything
    ever!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Kids are fed so much junk food and overindulged so much these days that a normal sized child is almost unheard of! Don't worry about it, my boys are both "skinny". They are given as much HEALTHY food (whole grain bread, whole milk, fruits, vegetables....) as they want and they are still skinny. For our family "Little Debbie" is a sometimes food....not a daily requirement like it is in some households.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 1:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Depends on how they say it - like the first poster said most ppl that say that to me are using a "sing-songy" voice and I take it as another way of them saying they're cute and if they aren't - well I don't care; so thhppppt to them! =)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I always ask, how is she small... n compare her to another child her age. And all they can say is NO, shez tiny ;'p...
    ive been hearing this all her life, n debating it 2 the fullest. I hav come to my own conclusion.... I think ppl mistake her for an older child because shes verrrry opinionated n speaks very well. and because they assume that shes older maybe they expct that she should be bigger. (that make me feel better about them calling my babe a shrimp) lol
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 1:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009