Please help me read this ovulation calender!

So we are TTC again and thought maybe i would look into a ovulation calender to see if they work. First off do they? and second how do i really set it up to fit me? How do you know for sure what numbers to put in for your cycle and luteal phase? it says 28/14 but when i leave it set for that it says that my period should only last 4 to 5 days when i know they last at least 6 to 7. So i guess i dont understand what to put there. HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You count how many days there are from the START(first day of bright red bleeding) of your period to the start(first day of bright red bleeding) of the next, that will give you your length.Say you started on 1/14 then your next period started on 2/12 ,that means you have a 30 day cycle and you probably ovulated between cycle day 14(1/27) and 18(1/30). Your luteal phase is calculated from the day you ovulate to the day you start your period it is usually between 12 and 16 days long and should be about the same length for each cycle. Now if you are taking your Basal body temp and/or tracking your cervical mucus every day you will see when you ovulate. Other wise just minus 12 and 16 from your cycle length and that will give you and ovulation window.
    HTH
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• YEA IT DEPENDS ON HOW MANY DAYS ARE IN UR CYCLE...BUT IM DOIN THE OVULATION STRIPS AND THEY ARE WORKIN GOOD ..THEY ARE TELLIN ME WHEN I OVULATE AND EVERYTHING......IM TAKIN THE ANSWER OVULATION TEST..I LOVE EM..BUT I WONDER CAN I TELL IF IM PREGNANT WITH THE OVULATION TEST...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2009