A Purely Hypothetical Question

If you found out without a doubt that one of your longtime CM friends was actually a man and other than his gender he had represented himself honestly, would you bust him outright? Maybe send a PM encouraging him to leave voluntarially? Or perhaps you'd keep his secret? What would you do?

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 12:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would turn him in. If they did that they are not a good person but a liar. Any man who comes on here is a pervert there is nothing here for them. I know there are many fake profiles and most are men it is pretty gross to think about.
    Anonymous

• if he was being "good" i would. maybe ask why. maybe hes a dad with no femal help and looks to us for insite. i know my dh will ask me something i dont know and he will say ask cafemom.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Depends on why he's here, I suppose. Some men come here for parenting advice. Some men come here because they're pervs. And of course, there's a whole range of possibilities in between.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Wow. IDK...I'm waivering between reporting them outright and asking them to leave voluntarily but if they didn't then reporting them. I mean that's a pretty big thing to lie about. I HAVE to ask out of curiosity...did this actually happen? I know you said it was hypothetical but...

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I don't get why men would come here if they were pervs, are you all posting naked pics or yourselves? I don't get that theory. If he was here for legit parenting advice and he was a nice person, no, I wouldn't say anything.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree with asking him "Why". PM him and feel him out first.
    SyndiB

Answer by SyndiB at 12:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I say turn him in. Here are plenty of women on here that can call only this site as sort of a refuge. If they sign up knowing that it's meant for women, and that a male may deviate and set up a fake name and such, but the woman nonetheless relies on the admins to "be on the lookout" for this and delete the accounts. They have "daddy sites" just the same. If this were meant to be for both genders it'd be called Cafepeople, and not CafeMOM.
    Anonymous

• as long as he is not causeing trouble I would ask why and leave it at that. I think that a single dad needs some guidence once in a while just like us moms do. Sorry but I would prefer to listen to other moms that have my same interests when it comes to my kids instead of other guys that most likely not know what he was going through.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 1:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• not sure
    RJSMOMMA

Answer by RJSMOMMA at 1:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would bust him. That is creepy. Why would a guy need to pretend he was a girl and come on cafemom. Take away his man card.
    Rebeccalynn_dj

Answer by Rebeccalynn_dj at 1:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009