What kind of birth control should i use? not very good at remembering!!!

Had my last child and looking for efective birth control ops.

jntkaylor

Asked by jntkaylor at 12:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• go get a Depo shot every 3 months....it will also greatly decrease periods...BONUS!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i do depo every 3 months. no pills to remember and buy monthly. just one shot every three months. and i havent had to worry about a period. and i was on depo for 3 1/2 years then dh got the "major sugery" lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Depo has been linked to osteoporosis and many women have a lot of side effects and you cant just stop it and the symptoms will stop, it is on your body for 3 months, at least! I was on depo for awhile and it worked great for me but I didn't want to continue taking the chance with my bones and when I decided to get pregnant, I dont want to have to wait. With depo, it can sometimes take 9-18 months to regain fertility. I am on a Paragard IUD now. I'm not a fan of any BC but its working for now. Look into that, the ring, the patch. All have side effects and all have moral implications you may have to figure out.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• "Last child"

As in you are done for good? In that case if you're sure; personally I'd go for the tubal ligation that way you never have to think about it again, nor deal with chemicals in your body -- but if your hesitant you may want another child some day; well then...the pp's all had good suggestions
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009