for all those wonderful house cleaners...question?

Okay so lately I have just let my house go to a degree.. I am so tired of the same routine and I have six kids so the house..well it gets trashed as soon as they come home from school.. What is your routine like? Do you know where I could print a daily schedule for cleaning the house? I joined Flylady today.. does this work? Do you ever just get into a lazy spurt and not want to do a dang thing? please help.. I really want to get back on the wagon.. I just keep falling off!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Right before dinner, set a timer and have everyone in the house clean for 10 minutes without stopping. You will be surprised at how much gets done. Then after dinner, they are not allowed to get anything out. They have to read quietly, maybe some tv time or something like that.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i'm assuming your a SAHM, my routine is a little crazy because I work a full time job. But Thrusdays are my days off , so on thrusdays I always make my bed first thing. including kids, then I throw a load of clothes in the washer, do the dishwasher and make breakfast. Then I have a few mins to myslef to drink some tea, Then I begin the remained of things, like vacum and bathrooms, I usually don;t shower till about 2. but try using a dry erase board to list things, get the kids to help you when there able! Don't be so hard on yourself you have 5 kids!
    hope this helps
    GJCJMomie

Answer by GJCJMomie at 1:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• OP

thanks.. lately husband is making the comments about how i use to be leave it to beaver mom.. not so much these days. i know how to keep a clean house.. i just get so frustrated.. i am a sahm but a foster mom too so i am always running taking kids to specialist, doctors, dentist, therapist,,,,etc,,,,just wondering if anyone has been where i am at..and what you did to remotivate yourself!!!?
    Anonymous

• Company coming is usually what motivates me. I have 8 people in the house and it seems like there is ALWAYS a mess! I can't seem to ever keep ahead of it.

I try to keep the house picked up and neat. Vacuuming gets done when I get a chance and the urge.

I'm a member of the group CEO..Cleaning, Encouraging and Organizing. A great group of ladies and full of lots of tips and encouragement! Check it out!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Honey, I know alot of people who just don't like to clean,on any given day,I might have 6 kids in my house from 14 yrs. old to 20 months( I babysit my grands,while my daughters work),My grands are taught to enjoy ,have fun, but, always to respect my home, Children love structure,my grandson is 10 yrs. old, when, he was 5 yrs. old, he always wanted to play in the dish liquid, now ,he's the best dishwasher,give each child a chore, even a 3 yrs. old can put up their toys, empty trash cans,make a game out of cleaning,they will help you, also, I don't allow lounging on my sofas and furniture,no eating in my living room. All meals are eaten together in the dining area. Too many parents allow the kids to eat in the living room in front of the TV.Like, I said, get the kids involved.Have fun cleaning.Oh, you can download a chore chart from the internet.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Flylady works Great and the group on here really keeps you motivated! Good Luck

Mrs.Smith84

Answer by Mrs.Smith84 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have a dry erase board with my kids' names at the top. Under each childs' name is a list of chores. The chores are to be completed after school before I get home from work. On Mondays the names rotate so no one is stuck doing the same things everyweek. They are not to touch the board at all. That way it stays neat and no one has "tweaked" the list! lol They do grumble a bit but when they see that I do my own fair share it makes it a little better. I also never forget to thank them so much for helping me out and how much it means to me. Who cares if it's not done perfect. I do have a couple of days off in the week and I personally hit the chores hard so I do know that there is a deep clean every so often.
    KayKay911

Answer by KayKay911 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I have a set daily routine that helps me a lot! And everyone pitches in. I clean with all natural cleaners so even the littlest can help! My 2 yr. old cleans the bathroom counter with vinegar, and cleans up his own toys. I also invested in microfiber to dust and my 2 and 5 yr old have compititions to see who can get the rag dustier. I have taught them that if you spill something then you clean it up and they do! Both kids make their own beds (not perfectly but they are learning), clean their own rooms and even sort their own laundry. We have a chore chart... which rotates everyday and includes everyone, yes, even mom and dad! It is hard work keeping the house clean but you all live there... I have my own personal list too... that is usually three or four things to do everyday. Monday 2 loads of laundry, folded and put away. Toilets, vacuum and windows. The Cleaning Game is great too. Check out the group! It motivates a lot!
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• This site has printable chore charts http://www.dltk-cards.com/chart/

JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• OP

Thank you ladies so much!! Lots of good ideas!!
    I am going to get he kids more involved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2009