Does it bother you when parents do this???

No bashing I know it is none of my bussiness and I don't know why it bothers me when they aren't my children, but it just does and wanted to know if it bothers anyone else? I was at church Sunday and seen a couple there they ha a baby that couldn't be more than 6 months old. They had short sleeves on that baby i was probably nomore than 20 degreese outside and in the church was freezing I was freezing with along sleeve shirt on so I can amagin how cold he was. But then I seen another lady there she had no coat for her newborn baby that wasn't more than 3 or 4 months old and had a rug ver the baby as a blanket, then she had another baby that is 15 months old and hewas walking around he had no shoes on his feet and he had no coat nothing. Does this bother anyone else? I don't kow why it bothers me so much.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah it bothers me...Thats just selfish. Theres no excuse for not clothing your children properly because even if I was penniless and homeless I would make sure my son had proper clothes. As parents its our responsibility to provide for our children and there are always organizations and churches that offer help to those in need.
    xXxLillithxXx

Answer by xXxLillithxXx at 5:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think it bothers some people because they feel bad for the child and couldn't imagine taking their kids out in the cold without a jacket. So even when it's not our business we can't help but think 'That poor child!" It bothers me when I see a newborn baby out in windy weather without a hat or blanket.
    Anonymous

• that drives me nuts makes me mad everything i think you are a horrible parent if you cant put a coat on your baby when it is cold i mean its not that hard you wouldnt go out with out one why have your child go out with out a coat ? sorry that is just the biggest pet peeve of mine ignorant parents
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• what I am wondering is if maybe the woman with the 2 small kids, no coats, and a rug for a blanket can even afford coats... since you were at church, did you do the Christian thing and offer help???
    Anonymous

• I'm wondering why nobody took them downstairs where they'd normally have a collection area in a chuch and would have found warm clothing for the family.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• And it bothers ME to see a kid smothered in coats and blankets with a red face, sweating and uncomfortable.

Just like adults, all kids are different when it comes to what feels cold to them. I live in Texas and what's "cold" here to me is FREEZING to others, but my baby likes it warmer than I do, but still not as warm as some. I go by touch - The body will shift blood from the extremities (hands and feet) to the center (torso) to keep warm. If his hands and feet aren't cold, then he's not cold.

What I do think is funny is that if I don't put a coat on my baby, my MIL freaks out and says he must be freezing. When I have a coat on him she says he must be roasting. There's just no pleasing her, so instead I please my baby. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Wow yes that bothers me. But is your church poor or were they poor? A rug sounds extreme. If you have an extra baby blanket or want to buy one, I bet they could use it. Same for the other things the babies needed. Shoes arent a big deal if they arent walking, but socks would be ideal. Buy them and give them to them on Sunday as a GIFT, not as a charity case.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• OMG...NO BASHING...YES BASH THEM!!!! I do hate when i see that. I always have my daughter dressed warmer than me! No matter what! Unless its like 90 degrees outside I normally have her naked! LOL and thats only because i cant go naked! haha but yes it does bother me as well! Where i live there is this lady who EVERYDAY no matter how cold it is she has this baby in her pjs with no socks no shoes and no coat and waits with another child to get the bus! And sometimes it could be 10 /15 mins! I so bad want to say something to her, or turn her into the proper people, but i cant prove that she is out there long or whatever! so yes it bothers me too! Its like seeing kids when the weather breaks a little they are in capris and flip flops but they are in jeans and sneakers! no wonder kids are always sick in school!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 1:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• anon 1:11 I have tried to help this girl. I know here I use to watch herwhen she was little she is like 2o years old not marriedher boyfriend she lives with but drinks. She told me that her boyfriend pickedthe baby up and about threw him one time bc he wouldnt stop crying she told me that her bf broke her first bays baby swing. I don't have a lot of money either, but I do make sure my kids have things and I tried to help here. I gave her clothes when her first was born nevr put them on him. I gave her shoes I know will fit him and I even gave her a snowsuit for her first baby she only used it that one time I gave it to here and doesn't use it anymore So yes I have tried to help her.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• mommachamp I have tried to help her like I told anon but she doesn't use the stuff when I give it to her so why gowaist money when I know she wont use it? And yes he is walking.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009