my employer is decreasing everyone's pay...

They have decided after several rounds of lay offs that this time they are going to decrease everyone's pay which will mean I make less than I did when I started 3 years ago - hsould I start looking for a new job or wait it out and hope thing get better. I work in a field that is continuing to grow and other agnecies are hiring at more than I make before the decrease

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Keep the job, look elsewhere. Do not quit before you have another job in place. Either you will find a better job, or you won't and things will get better and you won't have to leave at all. 3 years is nothing, btw, I've been with my company for 15 years and we are also on reduced pay. Its bad all over.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Keep the job and put out your resume. If you find another job then quit.
    Anonymous

• Don't quit until you have a new job! It is bad all over, and you don't know how long it will take until you find that new job. Plus, this could be the best time for you start working for yourself on the side. Having your own home business, is great job security! Wishing you the best!
    ~Shay
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Keep working while looking elsewhere. If you find another place with better pay and hours then that's going to be your choice. If the new job is in the same field, I would expect it to have the same potential to grow as your current place of business. I wouldn't quit until you've found another job because if you don't find a new one, now you've completely lost all of your income.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009