Ground Meat Recipes

Hey ladies i am tired of the same thing any good ideas i have a 2 year old and 3 year old my hubby dosent like veg. Thankx

greeneyemommy

Asked by greeneyemommy at 1:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• None of them like veggies? You do realize the little ones dont like it because daddy doesnt? But veg's aren't optional. I would do tacos...and yes they must eat the veggies on them...tomatoes, lettuce, cheese.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Tacos, spagetti, lazanya,
    I like this one, brown your ground beef, then take hashbrownsand mix the hamburger w/ it then put them in the bottom of a coasserole dish, put cream of mushroom or chicken soup on top, then a cup of milk. Makes a nice casserole.

I like mac and cheese mixed w/ hamburger too.

We also make taco soup. We brown the ground beef, then I add a can oftomato soup, 1 pack of ranch seasoning, then a pack of taco seasoning, then pinto beans, kidney beans, corn, black beans. Let simmer about 30 mins or so. You can top w/ sour cream or cheese. Serve w/ tortilla chips. I know your DH does not like veggies but maybe beans don't count.

Hope these are new and help. You didn't really say what you had been cooking.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i also do the potato casserole thing the same way except i use pork sausage.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I've got a couple casseroles that I think are yummy. Too long to post the recipes, but if you're interested, message me and I'll send them to you. One is a rice casserole you're supposed to stuff bell peppers with, but you don't have to. It does have tomatoes, bell peppers and onions in it, but the flavors are all blended and it's quite yummy. ( I ate it as a child and wouldn't eat any of those things alone,but I would eat the casserole) I've also got a noodle casserole my mom made up. That also has onions, but they're optional. My hubby didn't start eating veggies either until we got married. Now he eats all sorts of stuff. I saw a mom on here yesterday that says she puts spinach into her meatloaf. I'm even thinking about trying that one.
    Even if we don't like something though (tomatoes for me) We still give them to DS. He loves ever veggie we've given him!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• ground turkey shepherds pie ( cream of mushroom soup, peas and carrots ,cooked ground turkey and season to your liking, the place yummy mashed potatoes on top and bake for 25 min at 350 until bubbly. my 22 month old likes it but she doesn't want the veg either but everything else is cool. Some people add cheese on top.
    ground turkey tacos : have corn or flour tortillas, cheese if you like, sour cream, ground turkey mixed with taco seasoning, mush some beans in there. The kids need veg and sometimes you just have to hide them somewhere.
    I just made my kid spaghetti and easy ground turkey meatballs ( roll the raw meat with italian seasoning , s/p, garlic powder and cooked in a little olive oil. She likes it.
    yesterday we had ground turkey chili it's called simple turkey chili on Allrecipes.com. I used less water for the recipe so it's thick . I pureed the beans and tomatoes and my kid didn't complain. hubby loved it.
    Anonymous

• Just reading above me...I forgot about Taco Soup! Love that one! Easy too!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• tacos, nachos, sloppy joes, meatloaf, wet burritos, tator tot casserole, spaghetti, hamburger goulash, chili, lasagna, hamburger stroganoff, salisbury steak & gravy, Ramen noodle casserole (a fave with my family)

let me know if you want any recipes!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• no the my DD and my nephew eat veg but hubby doesnt (so i need something i can pick out for him)
    greeneyemommy

Answer by greeneyemommy at 1:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• salisbury steak
    hambuger fried rice
    poor mans stroganoff
    sheppards pie (veggies though)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• you had better start to sneak the veggies in then!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009