on a scale from 1-10..

on a scale from 1-10 I want you to rate these two statments. 1 being the lowest, and 10 the highest.

1-Obama is doing a great job as president, the reason we are in this mess is because we inherited it.
2-Although we inherited this mess, Obama has done nothing but make it worse, by passing outragous spending bills.

and finally, why did you rate them the way you did? Anon answers will not be counted when this question is closed(only because you can answer several times under anon). This is also a poll, but to get a more accurate count I am posting it here as well. Results will be posted on my homepage by the end of the week.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• 1 - 2
    2 - 10

Obama voted for military expenses, budget increases and TARP I. He's as responsible as anyone else for getting us here, and with all his education and **experience* he should be intelligent enough to figure out that excessive spending is what got us here.

During one of the debates the question was asked how each candidate would deal with the economy. McCain immediately listed all the ways he would make hard cuts, even furloughing entire sections of the exec branch if need be. Obama said he'd spend more money, and make more programs and find a way to pay for them, but even after being asked TWICE, never gave one idea how he'd fix the economy. That should've been a clue people!!!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• as for myself:

statement 1: rating 1
    statement 2: rating 9

as to why: I don't feel Obama is doing much to help the economy when he is spending money.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• 1. 1 He is doing a piss poor job
    2. 10, he may have inherited it but he is making a mockery out of our Country and not doing anything to benefit this Nation.
    Anonymous

• shoot that was me...^^
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• 1 - 10
    2 - 1

Obama has only been in office a bit over a month, it took 8 years to bring this country down, he can't make it worse in 45 or so days, but it will take some time to get better.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• 1) -1
    2) 10

Obama has been in office less than 2 months and has tripled our debt. He's not listening to the top economic minds in our country, and its going to hurt us worse than anything else. He may have inherited a mess but he's made it worse in a very short period of time.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• 1-1
    2-10

I can't stand hearing that Obama "inherited" this mess. Begged for it is more like it. Also, we seem to forget that he was part of the Congress that created it. Is that because his attendance was so shoddy?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Question 1 - 10
    Question 2 - 1

I agree with gramsmom. Obama has only had just over a month in office. After 8 years of mismanagement it is going to take a lot more than a month to see improvement.
    Anonymous

• again, anon answers will not be counted in the end results... so please don't click anon, or your responce won't count.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• 1 -10
    2 - 1

Yes, Obama inherited this mess and I'd rather he was handling it than no plan McCain. Bush had 6 years with republican control in the house and senate. So yes, the democrats inherited the economic crisis.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009