abortions...

I see a lot of pro-life people out there. I want to ask a question. (this is also a poll in the political and current event section of polls).

How many of you would adopt a child, to put a stop to abortions?
Please explain your responces as well.

(this is in this section, because a majority of the reason people are pro-life, is based on religion)

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not rich and I adopted. Many hard working people who are not loaded with money do actually adopt infants in private domestic adoptions. In fact if you want to adopt there is usually a way. The sad reality is that many people say they would "love to" but don't actually ever inquire about how to make that happen. And adopting from foster care is virtually nothing. If you cannot afford that t hen you have no business adopting b/c you simply cannot afford the needs of any child. With that said I would not offer to adopt a child, if opportunity presented itself, to stop a woman from having an abortion. It is not my responsibility to decide for any woman what is best for her body. I would not want to influence any woman one way or the other.
    Anonymous

• I am very pro life. I made the mistake of having an abortion and regret it deeply. I have decided to adopt. I am very much for adoption. I am in the process of adopting as we speak. I have already been a foster mom and am waiting for another child to come into my home and I want to foster to adopt!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would rather adopt a child, to put a stop to abortion. I was quilty of that ten years ago. I asked God to forgive for aborting my first child. I am proud to be a mother of three wonderful children.
    brina645

Answer by brina645 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I am pro-choice. I would happily adopt if I could afford it. But there are too many people who cannot afford to adopt. But I also agree with many of the income stipulations. You want a child going to a family that can afford to care for another child, especially if that child has special needs. Unfortunately this knocks out a great deal of our families from adopting. They may have the love but not the financial capabilities. Plus we already have a lot of children in this country who are in foster care and looking for good homes and I don't see many people running to take them in either. I can't wait until we are able to adopt but there aren't enough people willing to adopt and therefore, I will always support a woman's right to choose.
    Anonymous

• no one would ever give me a child with my medical history and no one can adopt not inless your rich
    Anonymous

• no one would ever give me a child with my medical history and no one can adopt not inless your rich :

this is a hypothetical question.. say: money wasn't an issue.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• As one who was adopted and had parents who cared for infants, toddlers, children of all ages... I would definitely adopt, take in, care for, help out etc.

hazeldove.. u don'thave to be rich to adopt.... my parents weren't rich and they adopted me. My cousin wasn't rich and she adopted one of the foster children my parents had.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I don't think abortion is the evil that people think it is. Unwanted fetuses don't have a lot of options. They can be born to parents who don't want them resulting in inadequate care which is not in the best interest of the child, be born to financially unstable parents and live off the government, go to an orphanage that just isn't capable of providing the one on one care each child needs and live off the government, or be placed for adoption and go through the emotional trauma that comes with it. The world just can't handle all these unwanted babies. Allowing abortion prevents a number of problems while -as christians should view it- an innocent child is in heaven. IMO no life is better than a bad one. Every child deserves the best, not just whatever avoids abortion. I personally would adopt maybe 1 or 2 kids. But I don't think I'm the big family type of mom.
    Anonymous

• I would, and have offered before...My sisters friend got pregnant not too long ago and she was young and her parents are very traditional and she did not want them to find out, so she was thinking about getting an abortion...Well, long story short she did her research and decided on the abortion. I found out about this from my sister and immediately offered to adopt the baby if she carried it full term. She basically said that if she were to go thru the pregnancy she might as well keep the baby and because she did not want her parents to find out she said this was her only option. So she went ahead with the procedure...Well I was dissapointed but its her decision not mine. I would happily take the child and love it as my own...Too bad I didnt have the opportunity to do it...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• "hazeldove.. u don'thave to be rich to adopt.... my parents weren't rich and they adopted me. My cousin wasn't rich and she adopted one of the foster children my parents had. "

I know, my family adopted a lot of kids. lol. and they didn't use to have that kind of money. lol. I was just saying that because others use it as an excuse as to why they won't shoulder a child that isn't their own, and yet remain pro-life.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009