Sabotaging relationship?

If every time you and your man broke up, and then you got back together, he lays this big bombshell on you, that he is going out with his friends on such, and such day and can not see you on that day...How would this make you feel?...Why would you think he is doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't blame you actually cuz me and my now OFFICIAL ex-boyfriend kept doing this too. I think he's jus trynna avoid pissing you off then breaking up again. Thats what mine did and he told me thats why he'd take off with his friends. It was just to blow off some steam. Yeah we broke up alot because we had some probdlems but we eventually resolved em and worked things out and everything was great. I only broke up with him is because he was this wonderful guy that cared about me and my baby and loved us but he had too many financial problems and cuz I wasn't exactly ready to settle down and was interested in meeting other people. He deserved better anyways.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Stop breaking up and getting back together and it won't happen. You obviously broke up for a reason.
    Anonymous

• Well for one if we broke up, I highly doubt we'd get back together and yes I do think thats exactly whats this sound like. If things didn't work the first or second time it's time to move on. Just my opinion.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 1:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I actually agree with Anon 12:31. You need to just break up and let it go. It doesn't sound good and that it's not going to get any better. It's better to cut your loss now and move on instead of months/years down the road. Why waste your time?
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• WTH are you breaking up and getting back together for.

That is a Red Flag of a TOXIC relationship....you should RUN!!!!
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Not knowing the reasons for the break up, just going off your questions about him going out on such and such day with friends....It makes me know that he's a person in his own right and it's okay to not see you 7 days a week. It may be good for you to also put your foot down about your own life. It may make a difference in how he views you or the relationship.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• In normal, healthy relationships, it is fine that your partner (and yourself) do things with friends.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think he just needs guy time my guy does that to me on fridays he goes to drink with his friends, your lucky he tells you.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009