Why is my c-section scar hurting after almost 5 years?

I had my daughter almost 5 years ago via c-section. Lately I have been getting sharp pains in that area. Not internal but externally. For instance, when I bend down and stand up again. It almost feels like it is stretching. Is this normal? I have been losing a few lbs here and there then gaining it back lately. It seems like I am losing inches in that area and in my waist. Could this be a factor?

Bizarre.Beauty

Asked by Bizarre.Beauty at 1:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Health

• I am no doctor but I would just go in and tell them what is going on. We have to pay attention to the pains we get in those areas. Let me know what happens! Congrats on losing the weight!
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 1:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree, I would call the Dr. I would think the weight loss could be a factor but I would get a professional opinion!
    Lil_mama82

Answer by Lil_mama82 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree with the girls.
    jstamom

Answer by jstamom at 1:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I ve heard that c-section scars can b very painful for years after the baby. i couldnt imagin.
    I had a c-section, and was completely healed after 2wks. thank da heavens above!!! that was the worst pain i have ever felt :(
    Did u have staples??? i think that may have a lot 2 do with how well u heal. I had sumthin called dermabond (like glu)... so far im the only 1 i know of that wasnt stapled n my scar is jus fine. Ask about it. But u should def find out if its normal for u 2b feeling this way after so long. GL
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 1:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009