What should my son be eating at 10 months

I hear that he can eat almost anything that we eat, but I'm very paranoid of him choking on the smallest pieces. What would be good to give him?

jsmommy08

Asked by jsmommy08 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it all depends on what you have given him thus far, but my daughter will be 10 months this month, and I guess the real question is what hasn't she had? lol

She gets a scrambled egg for breakfast, along with 1/2 a banana. She gets fruit at lunch (usually the other 1/2 of the banana) and whatever else, some toast or pasta or whatever. At dinner she gets mostly what we get as far as the veggies, pasta or breads are concerned...She also eats ground beef (un-seasoned) and small pieces of chicken.

We also have bought her those gerber "pasta pick ups" and she does really well with those (except right at first they are kinda slippery and hard to grab, lol)

But like I said it depends on what you have given him already. If you haven't given anything, try the Gerber "Biter Biscuits" they are great for starters, and so are the gerber puffs. The puffs look small, but try one yourself, they dissolve instantly in your mouth.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• basically what ever you are eating. you'll want to cut it all down into small pieces. Avoid popcorn,nuts ,dried fruits, hotdogs, chips these can be big choking hazards.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Good Luck...it gets kinda scary at first but just watch him and you'll be fine!!

OH! And try some cheerios, my daughter loved those.

And I forgot to mention, Kaylee only has 2 bottom teeth, so its not like she is chewing all those foods. The lady at WIC told me that a good test to see if they can handle it is if you can mash the food against the roof of your mouth with your tongue with little effort, then they will be able to gum it just fine.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I can't say what would be right for YOUR son.

Ours were eating diced up pieces of everything we ate at 9 months. It worked for our boys...they like food. LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009