What do I do?

Ok so I am suppose to go this weekend with my inlaws to KY, its a 2 hour drive to my fil's home town. I would like to go but feel like I shouldn't. I am just starting my 3rd trimester and am deemed high risk because I previous pregnancy issues. My doctor said if I was going to go this is the last weekend I have to go, he doesn't want me farther then an hour away from here on out. SO should I just go and not disappoint anyone or should I stay home? They just want to go up and show off my kids to everyone so it will be non-stop going from house to house and we are only going for a day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Travel

• If it's not for a wedding, graduation or otherwise important event...I would hold off. It's not worth the risk. At least not to me.
    Anonymous

• Sweetie, please leason to your Doctor. We have got to start putting ourselves first and stop trying to please people. I don't know you but could you live with yourself if something happened. I say this because I have been there and was placed on bedrest for 3 months. You and this baby come first and if they don't like it, TOUGH!
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 2:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• If I understand your post correctly, your doctor said you could go through this coming weekend. That sounds to me as though you can go. What do you want to do, though? Are you at all thinking you don't want to? There will be other times, right? If you are at all worried, and since the doctor is being firm about this being the last weekend, then don't go. If you really want to, then you do have the doctor's permission.

Answer by Bmat at 2:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would say "I'm sorry, I am just not up to traveling just now" and bow out. If they don't understand then they are the ones with a problem, not you!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Why not let them take the kiddos to show them off and give yourself a chance to relax? Even if you were cleared medically to go, that last trimester is rough and you deserve to be "lazy" and stay home. I'm sure they will be ok with you staying behind.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would probably skip out. Being pregnant alone is tiring and stressful but a long car ride is going to be uncomfortable and you're going to probably wear out quickly hustling from house to house. I would say its probably too much. Invite them to your town sometime for an afternoon instead?
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• If you dont feel comfortable i wouldnt go. Not only that but i would wait til the weather gets a little nicer after you have the baby and show that one off too :) otherwise you are going to have to make a trip again! And if your worried about disappointing anyone, i wouldnt be! The wellfare of your child inside is far greater than that of what people think of you. and if you cant get yourself away from feeling like that...streach the truth a little bit. tell them your dr so trip until after the baby. it was last weekend that you could go and due to prengnancy it slipped your mind! :) But if you feel that strongly against it that you are second guessing yourself i would say stay home and relax! because God knows you wont get to do that for a LONG time with a newborn! GL with your decision. and with the rest of your pregnancy and delivery!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2009