• In the Spotlight:

does anyone know what all it would take to run a daycare out of my home?

jaydenjsmom

Asked by jaydenjsmom at 1:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• You have to check with your state. I do believe it's different in each state.
    Anonymous

• Look on the internet for regulations/guides for home daycares in your state. Each state is different.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• depends on how many kids you keep,I live in va I can keep up to 7,but to be paid by the state ,or social service for low income moms,they have to aprove your home,everyone in your home(adults) has to have background checks,TB testing. Stipulations do vary state by state.Good Luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would definately get state certified and liability insurance. Also get liability insurance for daycares. Get a CPR/First-Aid card too :) If you want to be a home daycare provider, do it the right way. Hindsight is 20/20 for those operating with no certification or insurance. I have seen many good providers get burned for not doing everything legally :) It's not hard at all to meet the requirements :) Good luck!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 3:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009