How would one go about becoming a wedding planner?

me and my mom were interested in starting our own wedding planning business... are there classes needed for this??? and what credentials or whatever are needed?

mommy492006

Asked by mommy492006 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• http://www.weddingsbeautiful.com/

There are many places online. go to google.com or dogpile.com

Besides training, you surely need a good relationship with the various businesses- florists, linens, paper goods, the various locations, and so forth. I am wondering if an apprenticeship would be a good idea, if possible. If an existing planner would be will to take you on, after you get any course work and credentials, as an assistant (probably for free- not sure) and show you the ropes. I'm not sure they would, because obviously they'd be training a competitor. Anyway, look online, there are many places that say they train.

Answer by Bmat at 2:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You should call your local small business administration to find out about classes on starting a business, or to meet with a counselor to help you -

www.sba.gov

I don't think there are credentials or anything.

You might also go to an upcoming bridal fair or expo to get know all of the area related businesses, etc.
    nov30mom

Answer by nov30mom at 4:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009