Is it OK to forgive and not forget?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely. There are lots of things I have forgiven, but believe me I will never forget.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• If you have truly forgiven someone then you should forget it and let it go. If you hold onto the memory, you truly haven't forgiven that person for whatever it is. It isn't an easy thing to do.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It's a vicious cycle. If you forgive and forget, you risk having the same thing happen to you again. But if you forgive, and don't forget, it's like you're waiting for it to happen all over again. But with me, once my trust is gone it's hell trying to get it back again.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• U can never forget but forgiving is whats important. I always remember the mean things my husbands say but always forgive
    GJCJMomie

Answer by GJCJMomie at 2:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I feel like I am an elephant, I can honestly remember a lot of things and it sucks because it's mainly the bad things. I forgive all the time but I seem to never forget, it's stuck in my head and when I am down or despressed those bad things pop into my head.
    Anonymous

• I never forgave anyone until I met my hubby... Life had made me 'hard' and unforgiving...
    But for us to work I had to forgive him for things... Don't get me wrong if he cheated or did something serious then he'd be gone... But I had to forgive the small things. But I can't forget. I can't forgive other people... Yet.
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 2:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes absolutely. I have done that alot.
    LND

Answer by LND at 2:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2009