Does this sound like a good diet plan?

My baby is just now a year old. Ive decided to do whole milk.In the mornings I give my baby yogurt and cereal and some milk. Lunch I give those lil entrees and somethin to drink.Dinner I give what i eat mashed up.Snacks in between if my baby wants it, and something to drink.Also does giving milk thru out the day constipate babies real bad?Am I feeding him to much or to little?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the bowel movement's start to look different then cut back alittle other than that let him have it...lol

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• sounds good to me in he get constipated give him some juice.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• okay thanks! I'm a first timer. So any advice or opinions is greatly appreciated!
    Anonymous

• Sounds good to me. If he gets constipated try diluted apple juice or prune juice. My DD loved prune juice LOL.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my kids don't do dairy for a number of reasons- mainly though because it was never intended for human consumption... it takes calcium to process protein- the adult human body can only process about 30 grams of protein a day.... there are much better ways to get protein and other nutrients into a toddler... i'm not knocking dairy, simply stating the reason we don't eat it.

and yes, dairy will make a child constipated... if that should happen, fresh fruits and veggies will nix the problem... juice does work, but has nowhere the nutritional value of a fresh piece of fruit... good luck, you're doing fine!!! each child is raised, fed and loved in their own ways, and are unique for it... just be wise about what advice you take from women on here- research for yourself is your best and safest bet! :) cont.....
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would go by your baby's cues for how much to feed. If you're looking for suggestions, I would offer more fresh foods, especially fruits and veggies. For example, you could offer cut-up (or mashed) fruit w/ breakfast. It seems like she may be relying to much on milk, and your baby may need more foods now that she's not taking breastmilk/formula. Be sure and give foods that are high in iron each day.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• ...cont
    if you want to add some foods with a nutritional punch, try applesauce with ground flax, or add it to the yogurt! it'll ensure that constipation is not an issue (you can buy it at the grocery store) it contains Omega 3's (healthy fats) and lots of fiber... Avocado, Blueberries, Mango, Hard Squash (butternut acorn), sweet potatoes... are some of your most nutritionally complete foods. rich in calcium, vitamins A & C, Iron, Potassium.... in fact, the sweet potato is the most nutritionally complete single food on the planet. you could literally live healthfully from eating those alone, were you forced to do so... any who... good luck, thats such a fun age!! my youngest is almost 2... and quite the little hoover, he'll eat anything! it's so fun watching them learn and taste and explore!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• This is only my opinion, but I probably would add some fresh fruit and veggies everyday.
    ChristinaM85

Answer by ChristinaM85 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009