Is it okay..

That my 7 month old is sleeping on her tummy?
She knows how to roll on to her tummy but doesn't know how to roll back yet, it is safe? During the night she rolls on to her tummy, but cries when she wakes up for me to roll her back.
I'm a new mom so that's why I'm asking.. please don't bash me..

DesignerMom0801

Asked by DesignerMom0801 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is okay, Since she is learning to roll her self and the fact is is awakeing up in the middle of the night for you to roll her off her tummy you know she is okay..Once they start rolling there is nothing you can do to stop them from doing it..It will only frustrate them...My DD started doing the same thing around that age and by 8.months she would only sleep on her tummy, now matter how we put her, she would end up on her tummy..Dont worry to much, just keep an eye on her. Like I said, the fact that she wakes up in the middle of the night is a good sign. She is okay!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with sleeping on tummy at this age. They know how to lift up their heads so its okay. I also wish my dd would roll over and just stay sleep. But, she wakes up crying. I just hold her until she falls back asleep and lay her back down.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my son slept on his tummy. as long as she can knows to turn her head its okay.Just make sure nothing is around her face.I found it easy to put pillows down at his sides so he couldnt slide into a corner.Its wahtever is comfortable for you and her!
    Anonymous

• I think it's fine at this age, when she's doing it herself
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Awe thank you ladies so much, I've been worrying about it for a few days now, but was too shy to ask lol
    My mind is at ease thank you so very much!!
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2009