dont know much about it.

okay so most of you know that my father past a week ago. he was a retired boilermaker and was receiving pension from them. i am worried about my mother (emotionaly and financially) does anyone know if she will still be getting his pension or will it be shut off or what? and should she call and let them know what is going on cuz the funeral director said that she would get a letter about his social security but didnt say anything about his other retirement fund?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• First of all, I'm so sorry Jodi! i just got back in town today and haven't been on here too much. But to answer your question, I'd say that yes she will receive the pension checks. Most likely, he had her as a beneficiary (or maybe that's just for life insurance? I don't know but I do remember when I got married I added my husband onto my 401k plan as a beneficiary or something like that). And I'm pretty sure that after my Mom passed away, my Dad continued to receive something from her pension plan (she worked for the government). Be sure that YOU start making phone calls now to any and every one you can think of as far as finances go for your Mom.
    Again, my condolences to you.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• IDK, but maybe you'll have better luck in the money & work category.
    Anonymous

• well maybe i will just leave this here and see what responses i get. most people answer on the just for fun more thats why i posted here.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• She has to contact his pension people, I think. My grandma received grandpa's pension (not from boilermaking, something else, I don't know) for almost 30 years before she passed as well.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yup.. she needs to go to everyone ind., this takes such a long process..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009