THIS QUESTION IS FOR THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE BIBLE, IF ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN TURNED OUT TO BE GAY WOULD YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON THEM OR SUPPORT THEM?

OR WOULD SUCH AN EVENT CREATE HAVOCK IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP, AND IN YOUR LIFE?

Asked by older at 2:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I'll love my children no matter what....always and forever.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I've seen this happen. I don't know how a parent could turn thier back completely on thier child, no matter what. For me I'd stand by my kid. I may not agree with it or understand it, but I couldn't turn him away.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm a Chrisitan with strong beliefs and I would support them. Jesus who we all claim to want to be likedid not and does not disown us for who we are, even when its against His Word. So to disown them would actually be unBiblical.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would still love and support my child but I would be disappointed.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You would never turn your back on your child. That is your child. I am a christian and if my son came home and said he was gay, yes I would be very disappointed, but there wouldn't be anything I could do about it but pray. You can't change anyone, even your children. You don't have to agree with his decision, but you love your child anyway.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• No Mam,I would never turn my back on my kids for nothing,my love for my children ,is just like Gods love for His children,it is unconditional,there is nothing in the world,my kids could ever do,that would make me love them any less,I may not agree with their lifestyle,but my love would never change.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• So, if Christians wouldn't turn their backs on their gay children, why so many gay bashers in the world?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• As a Christian, I don't believe in the gay lifestyle, but as a mother, I could never turn my back on my child. I would never cut them off from family gatherings, etc., but I would be completely upfront that while I do not agree with their lifestyle choice, that I will always love them and be there for them.

I would hope that I would raise a child up well enough that they would respect my beliefs and be considerate of mine as well.
    Anonymous

• ANONYMOUS, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAISING A CHILD WELL ENOUGH, NOR WOULD IT MEAN THEY DON'T RESPECT YOUR BELEIFS. WHEN THIS HAPPEN IT IS BEYOND ANYONES CONTROL, IT IS WHO THEY ARE, IT IS NOT DONE IN SPITE OR TO DISRESPECT, IT IS A HUMAN BEING, BEING HONEST AND TRUE TO THEMSELVES . I KNOW THAT BEING A WOMAN OF THE BIBLE YOU ALSO THINK IT IS A CHOICE, BUT IT ISN'T, IT IS WHO THEY ARE FROM BIRTH AND MANIFEST ITSELF LATER ON IN LIFE.

I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR LOVE FOR YOUR CHILD WOULD OUTWEIGHT ANYTHING ELSE.

Answer by older at 2:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• So, if Christians wouldn't turn their backs on their gay children, why so many gay bashers in the world? I was going to ask the same thing...
    Also would you deny child is gay to friends, keep it a sercet bc of your beliefs?
    Thou you would not turn your back on him/her, would you stop having them around as often/

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009