my food diary???

has anyone tried it. does it work?

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Just making one? Yeah-kinda. I have been keeping track of what I eat.

• so they say!!! You can find info at however it costs to keep track there but you can find answers for free

Answer by chefjen at 2:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i just starve myself its the earier way to do it

• Try the Daily Plate at It's totally free and they already know the nutritional value of everything you eat. It's a really great website! I am diabetic so I have a very strict diet of what I can and cannot eat. But I am also a vegetarian so I need to be sure I eat enough protein. I use this website to keep track of it to make sure I am eating enough to keep my body strong. You can save certain meals in there so if you eat the same thing for breakfast everyday or same snack daily, you can save the information.

Answer by DDry at 3:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• ANON 3:25..........Starving yourself will only cause your body to attack your muscles after it goes through the fat, then ANYTHING you eat will automatically be held as fat because the body is not sure when it will get more food. It ultimately makes you very unhealthy and sick. I was anorexic for 8 years and it was NOT safe or pretty.

• I keep a simple diary every day on my regular to-do list. My goal is 1500 calories every day, 8 glasses of water and 6-7 servings of veg. and fruits, so I add these up too. That way by the end of the day, I know if I have room to add something special or maybe a cup of hot choc. I like to save some of my calories for a treat.

Keeping a daily list of cals helps me see what i've really taken in, and i'm much less likely to eat indiscrimanately.

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i haven't personally tried it (yet) lol, but plenty of studies have been done that show people who keep food diaries (and are actually honest about everything they put in their mouth) not only lose the weight quicker but keep it off vs. people who don't keep makes you aware of what you're consuming and there's no tricking yourself mentally- if that makes sense lol

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• has a great free food diary !!!!!!!! I love it !!!

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• ooooh, plus, you can come join the Motivated Moving Mamas group in Cafemom....we have teams and compete against each other in a weekly challenge....we are all doing it the healthy way and we are all very we post our food diary there each day too!!! it's a great way to be accountable

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• slimming :<)

Answer by debbie533 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2009