I am going to be a stay at home mom in June of this year. I have always worked since my children were all babies. Any advice from other SAHMS that might help me through this transition?

larashomebiz

Asked by larashomebiz at 2:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• volunteer!!!

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• make time for yourself. also Try to get the kiddos out of the house everyday even if its a walk or to the park. Have a social life for yourself that doesnt involve the kids.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Dont try to be supermom. Just take things in stride and cut yourself some slack sometimes. The house doesnt have to be perfect all the time. Remember why youre doing this. Its not to decrease your work load, its for your kids. Its so they can be with their mom all the time and you can be their primary influence. I have been a sahm mom for 13 yrs. I wish I had really known why I was doing it. I just thought its what I was supposed to do. I try to make it more about my kids now and less about me. Good luck and I wish you all the success in the world!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Thanks for the great answers, moms! I was thinking about whether or not this means my house has to be spotless now...lol. I do need to update my cooking skills though. I usually just cook what the kids like anyway. Lots of spaghetti, pizza, mac and cheese, pork chops, steaks, etc. I may get an organizer so I can make a game plan and stick to it as much as I can. I don't know how well that's gonna work, but I'll try....

Lara
    larashomebiz

Answer by larashomebiz at 11:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009