Did my Amniotic Sac really rupture?

I am about to be a first time mother... I woke up at 330 to use the restroom and as I went felt a huge rush of fluids that I could not control. Needless to say that woke me up real fast. I called my husband who rushed home to take me to the hospital. As I got things ready to go I began to feel what I thought to be contractions getting a bit stronger. Once I got to the hospital and all hooked up to the monitors the resident did a fern test to detect fluid and it showed up to be nothing... He said it hadn't ruptured. I was heart broken as I though my little girl was on her way... The Nurse said it may still be possible and her head might be cutting off the canal to release any more fluids. I still think I feel little "trickles" when I use the restroom but am not leaking at all. My contractions aren't strong at all but are there. They feel like muscle spasms and she starts squirmming. Am I crazy or did it really rupture?

Mommy2BMarch09

Asked by Mommy2BMarch09 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like yu did too me. ask to see a different Dr.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• lol i feel you i get that feeling when i go pee too it freaks me out but so far mine hasnt id just wait and keep an eye if your panties get wet and stay wet even when you change them then yes it probably did if not then you probably just peed alot more then usual lol which i have doen many many times so far this pregnancy
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The thing is the Resident didnt even conduct an internal exam. I am dropped significantly in the past two weeks, she is very far down in my hips so much that I feel her when I am climbing (slowly lol) stairs, and as of a week go I was 1CM 100%. I was hooked up to monitors and have contractions 10mins apart (if I was reading it right). Not strong but consistant, didnt bother me at all. The contractions feel like spasms and me being so little make the baby squirm and she hurts me more than the contractions do. I will be 39 weeks in 2 days... No idea what is going on!
    Mommy2BMarch09

Answer by Mommy2BMarch09 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• they dont have to check you to chceck for fluid leak they just do a swob around the vagina
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Hun if you are in labor later you will know. I would stay away from the hospital until you KNOW you are in labor. Call your regular doctor and tell them what you are experiencing rather than the ER
    Anonymous

• I know they don't have to do a physical exam to know but it would give both me and the doctors a better idea of whats going on or if labor is immenent...
    Mommy2BMarch09

Answer by Mommy2BMarch09 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It does sound like your water breaking BUT WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU RUSH TO THE HOSPITAL???

If it broke than here in a few hours you'll know it because contractions will progressively become more intense but you don't need to go to the hospital until your contractions are 4 mintues apart for 1 hour and lasting 1 minute long.

If you go in to early your chances of ending up with an unwanted c-section are VERY high.
    Anonymous

• I went in because thats what I was advised to do in such a case. And RUSH I did not! I took my time and did nothing to rush... My husband was actually the one freaking out and trying to get me to leave.... All in all it doesnt matter because it tu rned out to be my mucus pug (what was left of it anyway) and now in the early stages of labor. Doc said 2-3 Days and Lil one will be here.
    Mommy2BMarch09

Answer by Mommy2BMarch09 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009