about the nfl players ...

i read that the survivor said that the 2 players started to swim for safety , than took off their jackets to just give up ... =( .. sad ... and the other guy said he seen a light in the distance and went to it , he believes he was dillusional though ... its really sad to know that they tried , than gave up ... they had alot to live for , y didnt they stay together they might have made it =( ...
but i did see a question earlier about if they were white - i agree - sorry i do ... and no they didnt do it bc of money or something , someone else said about their money ..

question : if u were their family in this situation , wat would u do , would u want them to keep serching for any clues as to what happened or just anything from them ... or just knowing what the survivor told u is enough???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• oh and im not playing any race card , i AM white ...
    Anonymous

• Well, sometimes there isn't much more they can do. After a certain time frame the odds of them being found is small. You can't keep searching forever, it would be too much.
    Anonymous

• I would want them to keep searching because they were wearing their life jackets so obviously they wanted to stay alive. If it were me and I thought I could get to safety I would swim too. But like someone else said, you can't search forever plus salt water gets into your pores and dehydrates you so they can only last about 10 days in salt water. They use to say only 7 days but I guess there has been some incidents where people have survived for 10 days. So I would keep searching until the 11th day then let those people get back to their jobs. If it were my husband I know he would want me to search until the 11th day and I would ask of him the same. It sounds harsh but the people who are searching need to attend to other things in life. I hope that they are all safe some where, and that they will be found.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I just got done reading that other thing about how the search would have been still going on if they were white. That's bullcrap and everyone knows it. It would be wonderful if the guys made it to some sort of land, but I think someone posted that 24,000 miles (not sure) of ocean was checked, and they found nothing but a life jacket and a cooler. Between the current, temp of the water and probably sharks, they really didn't stand a chance.

I absolutely HATE when people play the race card. It's disgustingly sickening.
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 2:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i agree it has nothing to do with race i am sure that the search will continue but not at the same height that it was cuz they probably feel after this much time and the temp of the water that there is no way they can still be alive
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• First off, PLEASE go actually READ this story. One of the missing men IS WHITE!!!!!!! There are 3 missing, there were 4 on the boat. 1 white man found, 1 white man and 2 black men missing. To say they would still be searching if they were all white is beyond ignorant, seriously. Anyway. Yes, they are young, very athletic men BUT swimming in the ocean is hard. The likelihood of their surviving in those condition is not very good, especially if they took off their jackets.

If I were a family member, would I want them to give up, no. BUT there comes a point where you have to accept things. THe people searching are not amateurs. They know what they are doing, and have done it many times before. I would put my faith in them, and trust God.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I feel badly for them and for their familes. I suspect that they got too cold and just stopped thinking, poor guys.

Answer by Bmat at 2:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yeah its SO sad :[
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I must be missing something......why are we talking about what race they were? Is this a spin off of another question?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• they were no longer wearing their life jackets, they took them off with the purpose of giving up....the survivor said 2 of them gave up hope (meaning they thought they were going to die) so they took off their life jackets and drifted away.....the other guy stayed with the survivor for awhile and then saw the light and took off his life jacket so he could swim....people cannot search forever...when its on dry land you can alwasy hope to find a body or soemthing like that but in the ocean there are no clues and more than likely you wont find a body. Im sure its hard for the families to take knowing now that they gave up when if they had held on they would still be here...awful situation....
    DaraMichelle

Answer by DaraMichelle at 3:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009