my son is 5 weeks and he has lots of gas is this normal? i mean it alot of gas on after the other lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah my dd got it real bad and i would give her the baby gas drops. i used the wal mart brand they work just as good as the name brand.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My granddaughter did. Check with your pediatrician about what to do about it. My thought is perhaps something you are eating, if you are breastfeeding, or maybe the formula could be changed, if you are formula feeding.

Answer by Bmat at 2:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My son had a lot of gas at that age (now he's three months)...it didn't hurt him. It was just funny to see other ppl hold him and they would be shocked when he passed gas on them. He doesn't do it as often anymore though. I don't know why he had it. He was breast feed for a few weeks and then switched to formula and he had it a lot till about a month ago.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 2:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Oh Gosh, You haven't heard gas until your around my 3month old daughter!! She's been gassy since birth! I posted a question similar to this a few days ago!! My dd sounds like a grown man. And often when we are in public people look at me or my husband like we did it!! lol! And Its her little way of saying hello too. We always forewarn people when they are holding her, that she will pass gas! It never fails! Everyone just told me that it was fine as long as its not causing her discomfort, so I would say the samething applies to your LO. lol, Good luck momma!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 3:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• If you are breastfeeding, excess gas can be due to an oversupply of milk and/or foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. You can read more about it on the La Leche League site at: http://www.llli.org/FAQ/oversupply.html

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/foremilk.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yup. If he is uncomfortable, try Gripe Water (something with Oil of Fennel in it) or Gas Drops. If you're breastfeeding, eliminate some common culprits from your diet (broccoli, coffee, cheese, etc.) Good Luck
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2009