Who would you go with?

My midwife said my due date is October 13th- but she's going by the 1st day of my last period. I had a sonogram on Friday and the sonographer moved my due date to October 19th. I would think that the sonographer would know better but my midwife said that they're not allowed to read the sonograms or change the due date. I'm still sticking with the sonographer though and telling people that my due date is the 19th. Who would you go with?

momma_gig

Asked by momma_gig at 2:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Really-you'll go into labor when you go into labor. I guess a date doesn't really matter?

You could just say ealry october?
    Anonymous

• You go by the ultra sound...I asked my doc that so much lol. If I went by my period I would've been due on Nov 20th but my ultra sound said Nov 16th and my son came on Nov 17th. Crazy how close I was.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 2:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Its a couple days so really what does it matter? And I would go with your dr. because sometimes babies measure smaller or larger than their gestational age. The sonographer is pretty much there to do u/s and make sure nothing is wrong with your baby not when its due date is.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• id go with the ultra sound that you had because it is a little bit more acuratte but honestly only almost a week lol doesnt matter to much ya know lol i was told april 29th then they changed it to the 25th lol only 4 days lol not that big of a deal ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Go with the ultrasound. According to my period, my son was only two weeks early. According to the doctors he was 4 weeks early. But his development showed him to be 6 weeks early. Back then, (in prehistoric times LOL!) they didn't do ultrasounds, but I'll bet the ultrasound would have said 6 weeks.

Answer by Bmat at 2:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• the prob w- u/s is babies measure smaller and bigger, my daughters head measured a week larger than her legs did, go figure. the size of the baby is not all that accurate unless you don't know when your lmp was, then you would need to go by u/s. go with your doc, you could just have a small baby
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 2:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Ugh I miss the days when they told you the baby would come sometime at the beginning to middle of October. People focus way to much on a date.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I know that most people go by their LMP because people have different length cycles. Some people ovulate the week after their period and some ovulate two weeks later, and some people......you get what I mean. I think that is probably why the sonogram is different than what your midwife told you.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Your midwife is probably going by LMP because due dates REALLY on NOT a big deal. Babies come anywhere from 37-42 weeks and that's NORMAL. You can go with whatever you want but at the end of the day you need to wait until your baby is ready to come and not when someone told your it should come.
    Anonymous

• It's less than a week difference so there is no reason to change it. Due dates are over rated anyway.
    Anonymous