(True or False) Nowadays Parents are Opting Not to Circumcise their Babies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• True: we are seeing it a lot more in our daycare.

My son is whole and intact and I am proud I researched it and made the best decision for my son!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would say that it is TRUE that it is a growing trend that more moms are no longer circ'ing bc of "dad being circed" or other reasons.
    Anonymous

• True. Isn't this common knowledge?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• True, they now say there is no medical reason to get it done. It's now either a religious thing or they want them to match daddy. We didn't do it, why put him in so much pain for no medical benefit? But if someone does get their son circumcised that is their business, I'm not to judge. But again it's True!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I say it is true for some, but my husband and I had our son circumcised. It was our personal choice, he had no negative reactions to it, and did not even seem to be in too much pain.
    I think that everyone should do their own research and use their own judgment when it come to things like this.
    JMO
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• True...They finally found out there is no medical need for it, and babies feel pain.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• True...the percent of circ done are getting lower every year!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• hyper....I can give a million links that say the exact opposite as to most of what you just stated.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would say that it is somewhere in the middle. We still have a high rate of snipping infant boys but at least parents are now considering the options and are more informed. Starting the conversation is a good thing. I always hear moms say they leave that decision to the dad b/c he knows better or they decide to do it b/c they don't want their kid to be made fun of. That is sad. I think making an informed medical decision is better than just doing it b/c everyone else it doing it.
    Anonymous

• My son is 26, and of course was circumcised, but if he were born now, he wouldn't be. Even at that time I had some grave reservations about it, but was told that it was necessary. The doctor came in my hospital room and said he was there to circumcise the baby, and my husband just handed our son over to him like it was the most natural thing in the world. I had only had a daughter before and hadn't even thought about circumcision for our son. Our babies were born perfect, so why start mutilating 50% of them a couple days after birth? Not to mention it's not necessary and not good for their future health. (Also, I never did understand the cleanliness thing, girls have more "folds" in the genital area than boys and boys can be taught to bathe as often as girls, really...) As for "matching daddy" I never, ever, once saw them doing any comparing, now I might have missed something, but I think I would have noticed that!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009