Is the liberals Vs conservative battle still fun for you? Frankly, it gives me a headache...

Let's just face it, we need both view points. We need people on both sides of the arguements. No one is going to keep themselves grounded, we need to ground each other. Don't you get tired of just being nasty all the time??? (This is not addressed at one or the other, I am talking about ALL OF US). These questions are always skewed and they always end in name calling. I'm just getting sick of it...

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 2:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Great post OP. I'm fairly new to the "answers" section of CM but I love politics and debating. All it seems like here though is a bunch of name calling and hate. I know had McCain won I would have done my best to be supportive.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• HERE HERE!

I agree, coming here day after day and the same ol' same ol is tiring. We all are entitled to our beliefs and opinions.

(I just don't like the agressive ones who try to force their opinions on others)
    Anonymous

• i was tired of it along time ago lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It is fun actually. Just avoid this section if it bugs you. In politics all you are going to hear is fighting. We don't agree and it does matter. We have a President who does not represent many of us and he is making decisions that could collapse our country. We are worried and will voice that.
    Anonymous

• I love political debates, you can learn a lot from the other side. Now as far as name calling that to me is uncalled for, and getting catty, but overall I like the debate of politics.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 2:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• We have a President who does not represent many of us and he is making decisions that could collapse our country

Umm-Bush did this-thats why we are here. Not trying to start a fight....just want you to know that it is already collapsing..........
    Anonymous

• I agree. We do need both view points. It is nice to be able to have an open, honest conversation about what I believe and be able to listen to others who have different (or even similar) beliefs with out it ending in name calling.
    We are all mature adults here, it would be nice if we could all treat each other that way.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• well you arent going to prove to someone they should be a lib or a conservative, we're all different and diverse :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It gets old, yes. There are days, however, when I'm feeling bored, and reading through (or even participating in) a good debate gives me something to do.

There will always be those who have to turn everything into an ugly fight, though, so we might as well get used to it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• What I don't like is when people resort to name calling or belittling someone because they differ in opinion or party. From the looks of things around here, it seems to be that way most of the time. Someone will slander or lash out at another. Maturity takes brains, and for so many people who claim they are smart, it sure doesn't show the majority of the time.
    Anonymous