California travel question!

Next month we're visiting my parents in southern California for a week. We'll be hitting Disneyland, Sea World, and Legoland. Any tips/advice for us while we are there? Any MUST SEE things at those places? It'll be my husband and I, our 6 yr old son, our 4 yr old son, my 25 yr old brother, his gf, and my parents. Thanks!

MrsT6102

Asked by MrsT6102 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Travel

• When you go to Disneyland..after lunch take the boys out to Tom Sawyers Island...they can run and play and hoop and holler while you get a breath. It was a life saver for us many times. The only thing mine cared about at Sea World was the tide pool where they can touch and pick up stuff. They sat thru the Samu show and the Dolphin show and within 3 hours were fussing, whiney and generally miserable. My oldest really didn't 'get' Sea World until he was like 10.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Well Disneyland is like a week site event but I would say at least spend 2 days there because WOW there is a lot to see, they have the coolest shows like magic shows but way over the top, really cool for kids. Legoland is not very exciting but then again some kids do enjoy it, Sea World was awsome I loved it as a little kid. I would say enjoy yourself and take your time, don't rush because you'll miss A LOT!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• DisneyLAND is NOT a week site event - Disney World is but Disneyland so sucks in comparison that you'll be done with it in a day.

Be sure to go to the ocean! Even if just for a view because it will still be too cold for actual swimming.
    Anonymous

• Check out Seaport Village in San Diego
    Anonymous

• Go to Mission Beach and ride the wooded roller coaster, its close to Sea World. It should be warm enough to wade in the ocean. Old Town can be fun and educational, they have some really good shops and food there. Um try to just enjoy it and remember to relax as much as you can.
    Anonymous