I HAD A CERCLUGE

I HAD A CERCLUGE PUT IN AT 13 WEEKS, IM 28 WEEKS NOW, MY DOCTOR IS REMOVING THIS MAY 7TH MY DUE DATE IS MAY 26 DO YOU KNOW IF AFTER A CERCLUGE IS TAKEN OUT IF YOU GO RIGHT INTO LABOR? I HERD YOU HAVE A MUCH HIGHER CHANCE, ANY BODY BEEN THROUGH THIS????

BigSurprise2

Asked by BigSurprise2 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/cervicalcerclage.html
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 3:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It really depends on your body. The reason your doctor is removing it then is because you are term at that point and he needs to give your body time to do it's job.

It doesn't mean you will go into labor immediately but the chance of your baby coming before your due date are higher. It's not a concern though bcause your baby will NOT be preterm after that because your term at 37 weeks.
    Anonymous