I asked the question: does the bible say anything about homosexuality...

some of you were bashing me saying I was judging gay people, how do you get that from me asking a qusetion?

I asked it because some people say that gays are born that way, well i dont think they are. thats why i was asking, if homosexuality is a sin, then why would you be born gay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes God gave us free will but that doesn't mean he gave us free will to go and sin then expect to get into heaven. And the people who are on here saying mean things, people are allowed to have an opinion don’t get angry because it's not the same as yours. I'm allowed to believe in God and his word and say being gay is wrong and you’re allowed to say no it's not but do it in a respectful manner. If you’re going to be immature then don’t answer, this conversation is for adults.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I don't think I should answer this because i don't belive that the bible is the "truth" as people call it.

but I am gonna say that asking this question is a judgment about gay people.

Anonymous

• this is the million dollar question... in english 105b (english lit, from romanticism to post-modernism) we're studing the victorian era, which darwin was a major part of. what darwin said is that God put us here and left us to our own devices, meaning he made the amoeba that eventually evolved into us. and therefore we have free will, and some people evolved differently making them gay or straight. evolution is a random occurance that happens over years and years. im not an expert on darwin but we had a big discussion about it yesterday and it made sense, but i suppose i could never make someone who believes in intelligent design and creationism believe in darwin's evolution.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• well I was about to finish the second part when you closed the question.... sighs.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Even if I were christian, I wouldn't call it a sin. Cause if you actually read the bible and look at all it's context, there's no negativity towards homosexuality. It's just people trying to make something look bad to fit their way of thinking. That's pretty, selfish, immoral, and what I would consider a sin. But loving someone who happens to be the same gender as you....... WTF does that have to do with anything???? There's logically nothing wrong with that. Anyone who thinks it's a sin is an idiot IMO.
    Anonymous

• I don't really care and to answer your question, YES they can be BORN gay because homosexuality is a spirit. If you read the bible it talks about a spirit that inhibits people aka demon possession and yep, if a mother is being exposed to things that could invite a spirit in, it can to her baby also.
    If they are, they are...We all have issues as far as I'm concerned..
    Anonymous

• The bible states a few times that it is an abomination for one man to lie down with another man, it also says if one man lies with another man he shall burn in the pits of hell. I would tell you exactly where it is but I'm also doing homework right now so! But it's in there, maybe later if this question is still open I'll post exactly where it says it at in the bible. It's been proven that no one is born gay, if people were born gay then in cases where they are twins or multiple babies then they would all be gay not just one. Also God created a woman to carry a child and to look after the home and the children and a man was created to provide for him family and protect them, thats why our bodies intertwine with eachother! I know there is a lot of hate and crime and a lot of gays hate people for believing in God and his word, so I will go anonymous on this one. I don't want people throwing hate crimes at me!
    Anonymous

• Actually it says homosexuality is an abomination...BUT you know..It says things like that about LYING, ADULTERY and every thing else to that affect..
    Anonymous

• 3:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 by: Anonymous
    If you read the bible it talks about a spirit that inhibits people aka demon possession and yep, if a mother is being exposed to things that could invite a spirit in, it can to her baby also.

*****

OMG that is the most ignorant reply EVER posted!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It also says that oysters are an abomination, and yes people still ate oysters but that’s not the phrase that makes being gay a sin, the one where if one man lies down with another man he shall burn in the pits of hell, that’s what makes being gay a sin in God’s eyes. That’s the phrase that scares people.
    Anonymous