Anyone else get really worried your baby had austism at 6 months?

I'm sure my son is fine. He's hit most of the milestones. He just turned 6 months this week and has been rolling over both ways since 3 months, babbling constantly, getting int he crawling position and rocking back and forth, eye contact, playing with toys, reaching for toys, putting toys in one hand and then the other. I don't know..I think i'm just being over paranoid....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would pay most attention to the eye contact. When my son (who is now almost five and diagnosed with Asperger's Disorder) was a baby, he never did the face-searching, eye-searching studies of me that my neurotypical daughter does. She stares into my eyes and really studies my facial expressions. He never did that. He was also slow to hit all of his milestones and had low muscle tone for things like rolling over and sitting up. SO, yes, it sounds like a bit of new Mommy jitters. Sounds to me like your little guy is doing all the things that NT (neurotypical) babies do. Have fun with him! :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yep. You're being paranoid !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Just a further thought, though: I never vaccinated my kids for a number of reasons (this was long before the suspicions that the toxins in vaccinations might affect neurological development).

So, do your research before submitting to any more injections ... Dr. Philip Incao's website is a good place to begin, if you want .

Your baby is doing great. Enjoy !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Dont start worrying yet mom. He is still so young. He sounds like he is fine to me.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It doesn't sound like your kiddo has autism. One of my sons is 7yrs now and has adhd and aspbergers wich is a form of autism. Had he been the second born, I might have noticed differnt developing milestones. We did not know for sure until diagonsed at 5 yrs due to attending headstart. The teachers noticed different behaviors. It took me a while to believe but I then took him to a specialist. It was the best thing I could have done. Now I know why he is the way he is! It makes it easier for us to help him learn and function. If you are worried, talk to a doctor you trust.
    Its probably nothing but an over worried loving mom.
    BKJ78

Answer by BKJ78 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Um... I'm wondering if you asked this just for people to tell your your baby is advanced? Come ON.
    Do a little research. :)
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 4:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• What exactly are you worried about? I mean, I know you are worried about Autism, but WHY?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2009