What brand of computer is best?

I'm in the market for a new computer. I am thinking of getting a laptop. I am leaning towards an HP, but I've heard a lot about Dell. And everyone who has a Macbook love them. So, my question, what is the difference in all these (except Macs ~ I already know about them)? What brand do you prefer, and why?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 3:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Shopping

• Macs..sorry its just too true!
    Anonymous

• I have had an HP desk top... they were good, but we went to laptops back in 05 and have been throu 3 now... our Dell was really good... can have them built with what you want in them right over the phone or order them online...
    We went the route of a refurisbed one, Gateway... it was ok... gave a few problems and we had it in the shop a few times...
    The one we just bought at Christmas 08 is an Acer and it is light weight, nice and we picked out the one that suits us and I love it so far... we are looking at replacing our 8 yr olds with one like this real soon...
    Macs, I have heard not so good stories, but never owned one so i don't know if they are true or not...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i love my hp but the thing is when u call for tec questions u get someone from overseas who u cant understand
    Anonymous

• I actually really loved my HP I had at home until I bought a new Dell at work. Now, I love them and there is no way I will ever go back.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Compaq Presario notebook
    You can search Amazon and they give you reviews and star ratings just click on the crescent.
    http://astore.amazon.com/wiifunweightloss-20
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Dell are horrible. If you ever have a problem you are SOL! I also have had a Gateway and it was good, at first, but it seemed like every two minutes something else would break on it. HP are good. I've had no complaints with my HP.
    Anonymous

• ive had nothing but problems with HP laptops and desk tops. My current desktop is not even 2 years old yet and needs to have repairs done AGAIN so I havent used in in about 6m. Im using my DDs Acer Laptop with out any problems it is 3-4 years old
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 6:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• we have macs. macbook and imac we have not had any problems
    Anonymous

• HP, Gateway, and Acer are the 3 brands that we have had success with over the years.
    We have no experience with Mac.
    We did have a Dell through the Dell company - worst mistake we ever made. Terrible quality product, terrible customer service, outrageous service charges for supposedly repairing it. We got frustrated with the company and took the computer to a couple different computer repair places who all told us that the computer was put together with parts from other, outdated computers and that it was essentially a piece of junk.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009