Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I move out of my parents house when I have no job skills?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Home & Garden

Answers (4)
  • Get into college. But if you want a job NOW, you can work at McDonald's or Lowes.

    Answer by TXdanielly at 11:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

  • There are places that you can go for job training you just have to look them up in your area. Some may cost but most don't. I was on public assistance in the past and they paid for my schooling. It was a 15 week course and well worth it. Most classes are free.

    Answer by Sexymom75 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

  • Get a job now, and work what you can control to make an impression. Work hard, do everything the way your told, don't break any rules, and don't call-in or be late. This will get you noticed, get you more hours, and a good reference. You have to start somewhere. That's where I started.

    Answer by rae_dawg at 12:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

  • Call Centers! I'm not kidding most will hire anybody that doesn't have a criminal background and can pass the drug testing. They train you for what you will be doing. (I've seen people in their 80's get hire to do this kind of work.) An added bonus is that most offer great benefits packages. I know if you work for a Qwest call center they have 401K, Tuition Reimbursement (All of it not just a set amount), and awsome health insurance for not a whole lot. (A friend of mine had a baby and with their insurance she only had to pay 150 dollars and that includes an epidural.) Let us know what you decide.

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.