Scholarships?

I have decided to go back to school either in the fall of 2009 or the winter of 2010, depending upon which school I choose. I am going into nursing. I have attended college before for a business degree (which I never completed) but now decided that nursing is the way to go. I am still back and forth with the LPN vs. RN thing for several reasons and it does depend upon the school I choose. But basically I am trying to make sure I maximize applying for scholarships and financial aid. I already did my fasfa and it is already processed and I know a lot of the schools cross reference that with your scholarship apps to determine eligibility, but I am just wondering if anyone knows of any other scholarships or contests that I could apply for? I just want to maximize my options so I can do all I need to in order to complete my degree!

2boysnaprincess

Asked by 2boysnaprincess at 3:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Go to http://www.fastweb.net and create a scholarship/grant profile. They'll ask you some questions and pair you with all of the scholarships applicable to you. They'll remind you for the deadlines of each scholarship that you choose to do as well as link you to information on completeing the scholarship (a lot of them can be done online).

If I can put my 2 cents in, I'd suggest RN school :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I don't know the name, but I know that there is a scholarship for women who have been out of school for a period of time to raise their families and then want to return. A friend of mine applied for this one. I agree with the previous person: fastweb.com is a good place to start.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009